Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy (belated) New Year!

I could kick myself for having gone so long into the new year without posting anything. Alas, we've had a few hurdles to overcome recently, so everything else had to be put on the back burner. Among the lighter of these hurdles has been the looming end of my laptop. My work horse. My holder-of-reference-and-progress-shots. It hasn't been determined yet if it is completely borked, but I'm not getting my hopes up at this point. I'd rather not dwell on what may or may not be lost if it decides to give up the good fight.

I have a mixed-media piece that I'll be posting about as soon as it's done at the framers and put into the hands of the person receiving it. Currently, I fear the ruining of the surprise, so instead, I'm going to have to bore you with a random mix of photographs. I'm finding that there are just so many things I'd like to be doing right now, that I'm unable to pick a direction at all. If I can get my head together and actually finish a few projects, I may still be able to salvage the productivity of this first month of 2012.


What would the holiday season be without the food? (Who am I kidding? Any moment of the year that isn't consumed with art and my little family is almost always lost to being a foodie.) Here are a few juicy snippets from the last month or so:


 The beautiful Jenn (ever-accommodating to our vegan ways) putting together a tasty lasagna for our pre-Christmas get-together in Tennessee:


And a few inedible shots:





No comments:

Post a Comment