Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

On Your Birthday.

After Sean's grandmother passed away at the beginning of the year, it fell to me to scan and make copies of a bunch of their family photographs. Along with them was a box of Sean's baby books, in which I found some of the sweetest pictures of a newborn Sean and his mother. Her birthday was just around the corner, so I chose to do a mixed-media piece of the two of them as a gift.

I don't know how many times I almost ruined this thing along the way, but it somehow survived well enough for me to be happy with it.

Graphite, acrylic paint, and colored pencil.
Approximately 10" x 10" on a 12" x 12" piece of bfk. 




(I wish I had thought to take pictures of it before it was wrapped; Sean did a beautiful job picking out the matting and framing).

No comments:

Post a Comment