Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Jennifer, A Pencil Portrait.

I had all intentions of completing three or four pieces for my independent study course this fall. Four months later, the one drawing I tackled is FINALLY finished. At the urging of my professor, I decided to get out of my (very tiny) comfort zone and work closer to life-size on this portrait of my friend, Jenn. After the reality of my school schedule sunk in, however, I was only able to squeeze in around ten hours of work per week on the drawing. If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you can find a couple progress photos of this project. Here are a few detail shots of the finished portrait.

Pencil on paper. 18" in diameter.









Now I need to track down a giant scanner.

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment